4/17/16

Pints & Pixels: Where Everyone Knows Your Game



I made a quick stop at Pints& Pixels in downtown Huntsville during their opening night last week, after dropping off my son at the prom nearby. Mainly, I wanted to see the murals painted by several local artists, but I was also interested in seeing what this new bar/arcade has to offer. It was packed that night, but I was able to get a look around. It is located on the second floor of the historic Mason’s Furniture building. UG White Mercantile opened on the first floor in November, and you have to enter that store to access the elevator or stairs to Pints & Pixels.

On Clinton Street, downtown Huntsville




They have over 50 vintage arcade games and pinball machines. There is a restaurant area where Anaheim Chili serves appetizers, chili, burgers (including black bean), hot dogs, wings and more. There is also a rooftop patio.



Part of a large mural by Donald Walker 

The rooftop patio

More of Donald Walker’s mural

Christina Wegman’s mural

The bar

Gorgeous tin ceiling over the bar where they serve craft beers,
 including locals such as Blue Pants

Awesome tile!

My daughter asked if they have Pac-Man. Yes, they do and I also saw Ms. Pac-Man. They actually have more games than are currently on the floor; they will be rotating them to keep things interesting. They also have TVs that are “timewarped to 80’s music videos, movies and television programs.” I’ve got to take my kids here! (Note: they are closed on Mondays.)

No comments:

Post a Comment